TAYLOR Surname in south Georgia or north Florida

Replies: 26

Taylor's from Covington Co., Alabama

Joanie Taylor Brown (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2001 8:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Oct 2002 9:05PM GMT
Surnames: Taylor
Hi Melony! Maybe I can n ow find out something about my grandfather and his family! After my grandfather and his maternal family left, another word was never heard bbut it has always seemed strange that no one ever heard from any of them,especially when there was the 3 of them. My mother was also born and raised in Ala. but she and my father was married in Bonifay Fl.in 1923. The family never went back to Alaabama.So that may be some of the answer to the Yaylor's moved to N.W Fla.My father was really young when his father left and he never could remember his grandmothers name nor the two sisters names: all thathe remembered was hearing that the Taylors were full-blooded Indians from Black Mountain N.C.and at the time that Jim and Lucy was married there was much discrimination because of the "other race" marriage.Little did they know that one day we would be proug to claim that distinction! It was so imbedded in my fathers mind that he never told us the truth until he was about 70 years old! Oh well,that;s part of the story. I would love to talk to you. I am down a fwe miles north of Tampa.In fact'so ccclose that I have a Tampa telephone number. But what ever info you can give ne will be greatly appreciated. Just got a computer for Christmas so I have a LOT to learn but this ancestry bit was the first thing I wanted to accomplish.By the way,my father had one brother and two sisters and they also moved out to N.W.Fla.Will anxiously await an answer. Then we will see where that takes us,but I do hope part of the mystery is solved. Joanie.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Anyta 14 May 2000 10:53AM GMT 
Christine Taylor Carr 15 May 2000 2:16PM GMT 
Anyta 15 May 2000 6:03PM GMT 
tonytaylor195... 9 Nov 2012 9:36PM GMT 
Angela Taylor Holder 16 May 2000 6:44PM GMT 
Rebecca 30 Dec 2001 12:21AM GMT 
Angela Holder 31 Dec 2001 12:12AM GMT 
Rebecca 2 Jan 2002 3:04PM GMT 
Melony Richardson 31 May 2000 10:46PM GMT 
Joanie Taylor Brown 11 Jan 2001 3:47AM GMT 
per page