Search for content in message boards

Belgian colonization- Santo Tomas, Guatemala

Replies: 21

Re: Belgian colonization- Santo Tomas, Guatemala

Dawn Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2006 6:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Bob,
Thank you for your response and your suggestions.. I will see what I can do about obtaining the dissertation by Ora-Westley Schwemmer. I was able to obtain information from Patrick Maselis. Amelia was my great- great-greatgrandaunt. Eliza Hannuth was my great-great grandmother. Eliza actually went there in 1850 with her father and siblings. They had actually left Pommern aboard the Norma to settle on the Mosquito Coast. A lot of the group died. They were abondoned at Punta Gorda, British Honduras and were able to travel on to the Belgian colony of Santo Tomas, where they settled. Eliza's father and her siblings all died within a few months of arriving there. She eventually married my great great grandfather a Belgian, and Amelia's nephew, Karel Eugenius Jojannes Kuylen as he was called there. In belgium he was known as Joannes Carolus Kuylen. Any books that mention them , I try to get my hands on so as to get a better idea of how they lived. I am doing my family tree and hope to supplement with as much detail as i can find about their life. So I do appreciate the time you took and the suggestions you made as to the books.
Best regards,
Dawn
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Dawn Anderson 24 Mar 2006 4:50AM GMT 
Olbrechts 2 Oct 2006 3:09PM GMT 
Dawn Anderson 3 Oct 2006 1:15AM GMT 
Olbrechts 3 Oct 2006 6:17AM GMT 
Dawn Anderson 3 Oct 2006 3:32PM GMT 
Dawn Anderson 5 Oct 2006 5:19AM GMT 
Olbrechts 5 Oct 2006 7:24AM GMT 
Dawn Anderson 5 Oct 2006 3:46PM GMT 
R. Ansiaux 16 Oct 2006 3:00PM GMT