Search for content in message boards

Hermann/Hermanns/Barnhardt

Replies: 20

Re: Hermann/Hermanns/Barnhardt

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 8:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Kat,
You have so many GREAT tips on how to search. I think I am wrong on the passenger list that I found on my Emma because I don't think she was a US citizen at that time. I didn't even pay attention to that (still learning). How does one really know that is the correct person that they are looking for anyways? If they have so many different names and possible name spelling? That is what has been going through my mind. How does one really know that is their person. There are so many pages and pages of of things that come up when you search and for a newbie that can be very overwhelming at times. I won't give up, because this is so intersting.

I did send an email to wadena county today because I was on their historical society webpage and I found her last name Herman on there and I just sent a quick email asking how to search their records to see if they have anything on my Emma. I guess I will wait and see.

Fred's father did die 2 years after they were married. Him and his family lived in Iowa, and John Barnhard went to Rochester, MN for a consult because he was not feeling well and he ended up passing away there. His body was sent back to Iowa and that is where he is buried. Magdalena (Fred's mom) actually lived longer than Emma (Fred's wife). The story from my great grandfather is that shortly after her and Fred moved from Iowa to Roberts County, SD Emma went in to have a tooth pulled and never woke back up. My Grandpa was the youngest of the children (he was around 1) so he really never never knew his mother. My grandpa passed away in 1997 and I really wish I would have asked more questions before, but I didnt and now I am trying to put the puzzle pieces together. I have enjoyed learning about their lives as much as I can.

How long have you been researching your ancestors? Have you gotten far in figuring out your family tree?

I do thank you so much for all of your advice for me. You are a rockstar!!!
Tara
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
likepink2006 5 Mar 2013 7:46PM GMT 
LHSwisher 7 Mar 2013 2:50AM GMT 
likepink2006 7 Mar 2013 3:36AM GMT 
Kat747 10 Mar 2013 5:35PM GMT 
likepink2006 11 Mar 2013 2:20PM GMT 
Kat747 12 Mar 2013 10:53AM GMT 
Kat747 13 Mar 2013 12:01AM GMT 
oastwd 13 Mar 2013 12:32AM GMT 
likepink2006 13 Mar 2013 2:21AM GMT 
likepink2006 13 Mar 2013 2:20AM GMT