Search for content in message boards

Looking for Information on Raleigh and Charles Chinn of Virginia

Replies: 15

Re: Looking for Information on Raleigh and Charles Chinn of Virginia

Posted: 1 Mar 2008 2:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Chinn, Lewis
I do not know any information about my Margaret, except that she was the mother of William Samuel Lewis and married to Thomas A Lewis. I can tell you that at the time of William's birth they were living in Louisville, Kentucky. That was 1834. I have William's birth record for proof of that. I have not been able to find any further information on Thomas either. I was thinking that perhaps Margaret was listed with the wrong last name because I have not been able to find proof, but I also can not find anything on Thomas to help disprove this.

That unfortunatley is the only lead I have. I have an 1880 Census record for William that says both of his parent were born in Kentucky, however I don't know if I really have any confidence in this statement. My experience with census records from other parts of my lineage, leads me to believe that the birth place of the parents , when able to be listed in census records, is dependent on who took the census and whether or not they really knew. For example, I have people in my lineage proven born in New Jersey but listed as being born in Kansas in their children's census records. So, I look to them for hints but not as truth until I find records saying otherwise.

I am really stumped on this one, because it appears that the Chinn family is very well tracked, and I have a mysterious Margaret that no one seems to be able to give me information on. Maybe a lost daughter no one ever recorded or claimed? I know there has to be some information somewhere on her, I just need to dig deeper I guess. Maybe if I can find their marriage record, that would give up some information.

If you happen to run across anything in your searches please let me know! I am anxious to break this mystery!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Pamkf 26 Feb 2008 12:42AM GMT 
Elizabeth Har... 27 Feb 2008 1:11PM GMT 
Pamkf 27 Feb 2008 2:16PM GMT 
Elizabeth Har... 27 Feb 2008 3:49PM GMT 
plinkmusic 28 Feb 2008 6:22AM GMT 
Pamkf 28 Feb 2008 2:56PM GMT 
plinkmusic 1 Mar 2008 5:23AM GMT 
Kimberly John... 1 Mar 2008 6:41PM GMT 
Elizabeth Har... 1 Mar 2008 7:15PM GMT 
Kimberly John... 1 Mar 2008 9:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions