Search for content in message boards

Tom HAWKS, b. 1858 TN

Replies: 12

Re: Wm. HAWKS

robert hawks (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2005 5:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HAWKS, PORCH, WESTBROOKS, OGBURN
hi loretta, so good to hear from you! unfortunately i have little info on who william hawks parents were. as you probably know william had two brothers, randall hawks and george washington hawks. as i stated randall and lucinda lourana hawks are my great great great grandparents. robert h. and virginia porch hawks are my great great grandparents, randall was born in mecklenburg co. virginia on may 10, 1807 died may 10,1852 in weakley co. tenn. lourana was born april 15, 1806 died may 8, 1881. they were married on dec. 24, 1827 in caswell co., n.c. i think that randall, g.w., and williams parents were joseph hawks and phoebe westbrooks. they were married on may 13, 1799 in mecklenburg co. va. surety was thomas westbrooks and the minister was charles ogburn. there is no definitive proof that they are the parents but the time frame fits. i know that there was westbrooks family members in weakley co. tn in mid 1800s. we have a cousin in tomball, tx. (near houston), rick hawks who has also done extensive research through the mormon church, but even their best efforts have not been able to find out for sure who the parents in question were. we may never know but i have a strong feeling that there is someone in va. n.c. area who can solve this puzzle. i recently found out about some hawks who live in that area that may shed some light on this but havent had time to contact them. there is a kazillion hawks in the area of mecklenburg co. va. and caswell and person co.s, nc. also quite a few in the fancy gap, va. area. there was a hawks family reunion there in early 90's. rick hawks attended but i was not into research of family then and did not know about it. we have another cousin in northern ca. who is a descendant of randall but his big question is the same concerning parents in question. i have lots of info weaklwy co. hawks and weakley co. in general, having been born in dyer co. in 1953 and spent much time as a child on hawks family original homestead in wesleys chapel area (near palmersville) in weakley co. the land at that time belonged to my grandparents, casey and queenie hawks. do you have any info on where william h, randall, or g.w. hawks are buried? there are many hawks buried in wesleys chapel cemetary, but not them. i know there is a hawks cemetary nesr palmersville but as yet have not been to it. rick hawks email is rhawks@hawkslawfirm.com. he would love to hear from you. my email at home is taulbeev@bellsouth.net, phone no. 615-582-1637, 307 colt ln., franklin, tn. 37069. again it is great to hear from you! please fell free to contact me at any time. your cuz, robert hawks
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MargeeMinter6... 17 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Peg 23 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
MargeeMinter6... 24 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
MargeeMinter6... 24 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
larrysigmon40 6 Jul 2001 9:24PM GMT 
MMinter3388 21 Jan 2002 3:37PM GMT 
lrry451 4 Sep 2012 4:48PM GMT 
robert hawks 27 May 2005 6:19PM GMT 
Loretta Insco 28 May 2005 4:19AM GMT 
robert hawks 30 May 2005 11:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions