Search for content in message boards

Sister Bay Norwegians

Replies: 15

Re: Sister Bay Norwegians

Posted: 2 Feb 2012 10:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Husby, Larson, Johnson, Johnsen
I am going to have to review the census and see if any of those names show up.by the Johnson, Johnsen As well as some known work on the tree. it's been awhile since I reviewed it all.

Many of those related settled in a little farming area west in Dunn co, Wi. with their own cemmetery. Some though had family in Norman area of Minn. one of Jacob and Johns sisters was named Elen. But her birthday was much later than the one I read here. John and Jakob were 1854 and 1861. understand one of the sisters had a child and I believe it was lars husby or father lars larson. I think the child came to america too, I haven't found him, either. I had wondered about some names that appeared in Alaska.?
I look at ancestors names of Olson and not the average name. on the same ship sailing time, there was Carlson, monk or Mork and another going to kansas, and carlson to Duluth mn. I am not sure if they made their destinay either. When these guys came the cheap land was gone if they wanted to farm they did have to go up north or west unless they found some helpful fellow norwegians,
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jomeyer3 2 Feb 2012 5:06PM GMT 
Susan Armour 2 Feb 2012 5:49PM GMT 
Susan Armour 2 Feb 2012 6:26PM GMT 
fandrei406 15 Aug 2012 10:04PM GMT 
jomeyer3 29 Aug 2012 2:14AM GMT 
Cordovas_33 5 Feb 2012 5:49AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions