Search for content in message boards

Francis Preston Richmond B: 1756

Replies: 20

Re: Francis Preston Richmond B: 1756

Posted: 23 Feb 2012 5:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Sherry,

It has been a long time since we communicated. haven't found much since then though. I contacted a few Scottish researchers about trying to trace Francis Preston Richmond's parents and grandparents. Most were doubtful they could find much, others felt they could find information, but they wanted alot of money to do the research. I just can't afford this. I have also been trying for a very long time to figure out how the "Preston" middle name originated with Francis. I have attached a very interesting file about the original Preston family who immigrated from Ireland/Scotland back in the 1600/1700 era. I find particularly interesting is the part where the General "Francis Preston" in 1812 and his family figures in to everything. The Virginia, Maryland, and South Carolina area where they were located is exactly where they should be at. Something made Francis' parents name him "Preston" for his middle name. And Francis Preston was a very important man in that same area in that same era. I wonder if his mother or grandmother's maiden name was Preston?

Anyway, please read this file and let me know what you think. And please forward it to David and any other Richmond's you think might be interested. If you have come up with anything new since we last spoke, that would be great.

Still wondering about who John Plaster Sr.'s 2nd wife Mary Richmond was. Francis' young sister Mary was placed with them before they moved to North Carolina where she met and married John Sewell. They ended up moving to Georgia and having a large family there. I am pretty sure this older Mary Richmond was Francis' father's sister. She and John Plaster Sr. had 2 children before she died. He then married a 3rd time to a Susan Barringer. Other records show young Mary with John Plaster Sr. and Susan Barringer because she was still a child when his 2nd wife (Mary Richmond) died.The elder Mary Richmond and John Plaster Sr.'s two sons were Thomas R. Plaster born in Maryland around 1778 and Benjamin Plaster born in 1780 in Rowan County, NC. Mary Richmond and John Plaster Sr. were married October 7, 1777 in First German reform Evan. Church, Frederick, MD. He married his 3rd wife susan Barringer in 1803. This was right around the same time Francis Preston Richmond married his first wife Susanne Stottlemeyer. (My GGG GM).

Notice the parts of this paper where I highlited it in bold that mention Francis Preston.

I just noticed that it won't let me attach files that aren't photo files. Do you have an email address I can send the file to?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
craigsherry_1 18 May 2011 11:15PM GMT 
greenman4722 18 May 2011 11:23PM GMT 
craigsherry_1 18 May 2011 11:30PM GMT 
greenman4722 18 May 2011 11:40PM GMT 
greenman4722 18 May 2011 11:46PM GMT 
craigsherry_1 19 May 2011 9:27PM GMT 
rockysbbqpit 12 Jul 2011 3:01PM GMT 
craigsherry_1 12 Jul 2011 7:38PM GMT 
rockysbbqpit 12 Jul 2011 8:17PM GMT 
rockysbbqpit 24 Feb 2012 12:02AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions