Search for content in message boards

White of Bucks County Pa

Replies: 11

Re: White of Bucks County Pa

Posted: 23 Mar 2010 6:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Carol,

I don't know if we have corresponded before. I am descended from Whites of Bucks County and adjacent Mercer County New Jersey. An island in the Delaware River (the islands are technically in NJ) was called "White's Island" for a number of years.

I have bible records of a Joseph White (1741-1819(married to Eunice (last name unknown, b 1744) who had a son Nathan White (1779-1845) who married Hannah Henry (1791-1871). Nathan and Hannah White had 11 children of which the youngest, Courtland Yardley White I (1834-1918) is the individual I am descended from. One of the theories is that Joseph is a descendant of Humphrey White, b. in England in 1610. But, as you know, there were multiple White families in Bucks County, PA in the 1700s, so it can be hard to sort it out.

Children of Nathan and Hannah are Harvey G., Harriet, Joseph H., Ann Eliza, John Wesley, Nathan Jr., Henry T., A. Smith, Charles T., William H., and Courtland Yardley.

If you know of any one interested in this family or have more information let me know.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
PSWHITE 24 Mar 2010 12:52AM GMT 
carolferguson... 9 Apr 2010 2:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions