Search for content in message boards

wendell miller

Replies: 36

Re: wendell miller

Posted: 12 Oct 2010 1:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
After a great deal of research the Black Hawk you refer to is not her father but.... there was no doubt more than one Black Hawk in any of over 500 plus tribes over time and into today!!! get a grip!
It was suggested to me by an Eastern Cherokee that I might want to look into a Black Fox of that time period and location. Also... Atakulakula or Dragging Canoe is of question.
Also.. in the study of Jefferson's propensity for refering to all natives as Cherokee... she could have been of at least a dozen different native peoples of that geographic area including Black Stock indians or Mississippi Creek who came north to help fight the white insurgance. Paumonky, Nottoway, Saponi, Mattaponi, Coree, Lumbee, Monocan, Tuscorora, Cherokee, and others I can't pull out of my head at the moment and I am sorry about the spellings... there are a collection of cousins who have been working on this question for over 10 years!!!! Many of us actively involved in Native Communities across the country!
It is absolutely astounding to me that her marriage is of record, her children are of record bUt NO ONE I repeat NO ONE recorded her name anywhere ever??? She had seven children with this man and NO ONE can say her name....!?!?
So........... when I call to my ancestor Native Great Grandmother for strength and guidance as I am taught
in the ways of the people... What language do I speak so she will hear me and understand?? How do I honor her in a way she will understand?? the answer is.... I am 8th Generation from her... she will hear me and she will know, for I stand, her great grandaughter, in respect to awaken her history!!
Aho
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
irisblueswan 12 Oct 2010 7:15AM GMT 
barbaranewsom... 12 Oct 2010 8:39PM GMT 
irisblueswan 14 Oct 2010 10:35AM GMT 
JuliaOdle 14 Oct 2010 3:48PM GMT 
Ltkablroberts 13 Oct 2011 11:52AM GMT 
JuliaOdle 13 Oct 2011 10:18PM GMT 
Ltkablroberts 14 Oct 2011 1:28AM GMT 
irisblueswan 15 Oct 2011 3:41AM GMT 
irisblueswan 15 Oct 2011 3:48AM GMT 
irisblueswan 15 Oct 2011 3:49AM GMT