Search for content in message boards

Austrian Ancestors

Replies: 13
Posted: 24 Dec 2007 7:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Well if the original poster ever got a reply she certainly has not been back to post anymore messages... that was the last time she was here.

The current online phone book finds 228 BRAJDIC listed in Croaita, with 68 in Karlovac County (where my family is from) with 0 in Rakovica (translated means crab) but there are many in Brajdić Selo (selo means village). The name Podstene is not found in Croatia...but there are several living in a village to the north of Rakovica... Podcetin (pod means below or beneath Cetin(grad) is a town.

There are several listings for BRAJDIC/BRAJDICH/BRAIDIC in NE Ohio. May I help you find someone?

What happened to the boys mother? Are you certain they were they did not die in the Spanish Influenza pandemic in 1918. I have helped research numerous Croatian families where one or both parents died in that horrible outbreak.. origins of which have been traced to an Army barracks in Kansas.

Robert Jerin
Croatian Heritage Museum
Cleveland Ohio

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Robert Jerin 25 Dec 2007 2:44AM GMT 
brajdic 28 Jan 2008 3:41PM GMT 
Robert Jerin 28 Jan 2008 9:42PM GMT 
incitatus 16 Dec 2012 8:44AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions