Search for content in message boards

Re: Drabicki

Replies: 19

Re: Drabicki

Kathy Dean (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2005 4:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Nancy:

I wish I could say, definitely, that those people are all part of my Drabicki's but I can't yet. However this part of your genealogy list has a lot of familiar names.:

"Kazimierz and Zofia's son, Jozef Drabicki married Marianna Dabek (daughter of Tomasz Dabek and Katarzyna Leja) and had several children in Kosina: Walenty Drabicki born about 1862, Katarzyna Drabicka born 11 Oct 1868, Jan Drabicki born 4 May 1870, Anna Drabicka born 15 Mar 1873, Kazimierz Drabicki born 24 Jan 1879."

That would put Katarzyna Drabicka at about the right age to get married around the late 1880's. Do you know what her married name was? Her name was Kataryna (Drabicka) Sroka, and her daughter, Anna (my grandmother) was born in the 1890's, I believe. She came here to this country in 1913 accompanied by her cousin, Agata Drabicka. Tracing through ship's manifests, I find a Walenty or Jan Drabicki (I don't have the information in front of my right now) meeting them. This Walenty or Jan was met, when THEY arrived, by Wojcieh - George - Kielar. From there, I have the family story about how my grandmother came to this country with her cousin. Her cousin married George Kielar and they went to live in Corry, Pa. The cousin who lived in Corry, however, was 'Aniela' and not 'Agata' so I'm confused about that detail. The Jan and Walenty that I mentioned were young also, so they were also my grandmother's cousins.

Do you have any more information about Kataryna Drabicka who was born in 1868? If I can make a connection we may be able to find we're related. It have to go back to the ship's manifests and see who they left back in Poland.

Finally, the Marianna Drabek sounds familiar. I may have seen that on a baptismal record from a church in Poland. I'll have to go back and check that out too. It seems that name pops us in relation to my grandfather's side of the family. I've always believed that my grandfather's side - the Morajda's - knew and were friends with my grandmother's side (the Sroka's). My grandparents married in Pittsburgh. My mom said she believes her parents met here, but evidence seems to indicate that their families knew each other in Poland.

I will definitely be getting back to you!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Nancy Drabicki 12 Feb 2005 8:21AM GMT 
Kathy Dean 12 Feb 2005 11:55AM GMT 
Nancy Drabicki 13 Feb 2005 6:02AM GMT 
lae10851 21 Jun 2010 6:12AM GMT 
kathy4836 17 Nov 2012 8:22PM GMT 
Kathy Dean 12 Feb 2005 12:07PM GMT 
rosemariekud 5 Dec 2010 11:01PM GMT 
rosemariekud 3 Apr 2011 5:26PM GMT 
jah_jah 17 Nov 2012 4:12PM GMT 
TilmanB 12 Jan 2005 11:51AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions