Search for content in message boards

Surname Christl

Replies: 13

Re: Surname CHRISTL

Posted: 11 Apr 2010 6:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
HOWEVER ! Perhaps the most interesting find is for Rudolf CHRISTL arriving in the US 1910, age 49, from Post Office Kolesloch, Haselbach Occupation Carpenter He listed his next of kin was his wife Franciska (= Frances) Destination to friend Joseph KEMPINGER at Milwaukee WI.. He was deported and apparently never entered the US He is line 22 on the attached 2 page manifest He appears on another page, Aliens Held for Special Inquiry. There is nothing that I can see that is out of line that would cause his being deported, he had enough money, no physical nor mental issued... the only thing his relatively old age of 49 He sailed back to Europe on Apr 15 1910. The Red Star Line would have been responsible for his passage back to Europe. This document is also attached.

From what I can find these 3 people are the only CHRISTLs coming from Haselbach. Most of the others are coming from what is now Czechoslovakia and Poland.

I have no idea if this is Anna's father but it is very ironic.

Robert
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Robert Jerin 11 Apr 2010 12:18PM GMT 
bltontario 19 Apr 2010 11:17PM GMT 
rebholzgary 19 Jan 2013 12:46AM GMT 
bltontario 19 Jan 2013 1:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions