Search for content in message boards

DNA testing - Has any one done it for FISCHER -= Where Posted?

Replies: 15

Re: DNA testing - Has any one done it for FISCHER -= Where Posted?

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fisher, Fischer, Fiser, Fisker
Hi,
I'm a volunteer admin. at FTDNA, I have four surname projects all small. Now since I've sorta introduced myself.. You do know the 12 marker matches mean nothing unless your marker results are really unusual... Right?!

For those who haven't tested: Because of the relatedness of humans one to each other, our DNA is very similar to each other. Only the changes that developed over hundreds of thousands of years separate us. So normally I think nothing of a 12 marker test. I have seen as little as none to as many as a few hundred. I look first at 37 markers (FTDNA) or higher at the other companies. When you go from testing 12 markers (known as STRs) to testing 37 markers a lot of changes (Mutations) can occur. Normally 37 STR marker results will stay the same when or if you advance to 67 markers but.. you can get mutsations even there and it has happened enough to warrant testing more STR markers, if there are questions.

Testing will not tell you how you are related, but it will confirm that you are or are not related, with in the time frame of the use of surnames.

Questionable paper trails, brick walls can come crashing down when you test... Or you can find no one matches you. You can find depending on the test all sorts of information. If your interested in testing I suggest that you investigate what each test offers before you decide what test to buy. They all do not tell you the same thing..

http://geneticsand.us

my free website read and learn

Nelda Percival
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ChekWriter 28 Feb 2010 12:08PM GMT 
PatriciaHamil... 28 Feb 2010 1:04PM GMT 
ChekWriter 28 Feb 2010 1:33PM GMT 
PatriciaHamil... 28 Feb 2010 3:30PM GMT 
ChekWriter 28 Feb 2010 8:50PM GMT 
ChekWriter 6 Jul 2011 11:47PM GMT 
PatriciaHamil... 12 Jul 2011 2:06PM GMT 
EDO1938 8 Dec 2012 9:15PM GMT 
BHolzSullivan 9 Dec 2012 5:08PM GMT 
N_Percival 9 Dec 2012 7:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions