Search for content in message boards

What Street is on this Birth Certificate

Replies: 17

Re: What Street is on this Birth Certificate

Posted: 27 Apr 2013 5:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tompkins, Boylan, McNally, Coughran, Hubert
Bob,

What you say makes complete sense...and of course they were Irish and not German. This is why I am hesitant to write to Churches. Is there a guide or something you can point me to that I can read up on these parishes that will help me make a more informed guess? I have performed google type searches but I must not be using the "right" keywords.

I have a LOT of family that came from Ward 5 (Navy, India, Java, West etc), all Irish or Irish-American and I have a feeling that finding the right Church will bulldoze a lot of those brick walls as they never registered with the city of Brooklyn and I assume it was only with the Church.

I tried to contact the Dioceses but they told me they were behind and asked me to contact them in a year. I did, three times, but then they never returned my emails. I wish they'd turn the records over to someone who would digitize and index them. I'd even pay for that subscription.

Interestingly, I think some parishes are getting ethnic again. My Parish, Our Lady of Perpetual Help, has masses in English, Spanish and Korean.

Thank you again for your reply. Very much appreciated.

Christine
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jfclark819 27 Apr 2013 11:59PM GMT 
Gerald Tobin 28 Apr 2013 12:43AM GMT 
jfclark819 28 Apr 2013 1:15AM GMT 
BrooklynForev... 28 Apr 2013 3:54AM GMT 
BrooklynForev... 27 Apr 2013 8:38PM GMT 
vzet4y22 28 Apr 2013 2:53AM GMT 
jfclark819 30 Apr 2013 12:07AM GMT 
jfclark819 30 Apr 2013 12:09AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic