Search for content in message boards

improvements to FTM 2011 - Quality Indicators

Replies: 35

Re: Quality Indicators

Posted: 21 Mar 2012 2:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
I think this has gone beyond my original intention. First, I posted to the wrong board, as I was asking for quality indicators that we would set ourselves to indicate our own confidence levels wrt our own data/research in our local FTM software, not the tree stored on ancestry. As the tree gets large there are varying levels of accuracy in the identification of a person as our relative, and as more data becomes available (new records released, for example) we can re-visit the flagged areas. I prefer to have something explicit, searchable and reportable within the tree to external indicators. As to doing something similar for ancestry-stored trees, I suppose it might tell you the level of confidence of the data in someone else's trees, but I am also inclined to think it would be something I wouldn't trust, as I would have no knowledge of what that person thinks is a "good" match, i.e. I couldn't calibrate their scale. I'm looking at indicators I manage for my own purposes, hence simply a few more bytes of data per person in our local trees, the ability to display them in the tree, and query/report on them. It wouldn't even have to be synched to the ancestry copy. Come to think of it, they could provide a set of generic flags in FTM which we could customize for our own use. That way people could determine if/how they would be useful for them.

Anyway, I'm unflagging the alerts to myself on this one, I'm getting too many alerts on my email! We shall simply see what we shall see...
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
John Howard 21 Mar 2012 8:52PM GMT 
ClaxtonTree 21 Mar 2012 8:55PM GMT 
frostfreedet 22 Mar 2012 12:49AM GMT 
ClaxtonTree 23 Mar 2012 6:07PM GMT 
McComberdesce... 23 Mar 2012 6:19PM GMT 
ClaxtonTree 23 Mar 2012 7:24PM GMT 
frostfreedet 4 Apr 2012 7:46AM GMT 
ron_mesnard 21 Apr 2012 8:53PM GMT 
Belbelleb 4 Apr 2012 4:38AM GMT 
patmob 28 Apr 2012 3:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions