Search for content in message boards

Chinn Genealogy, Cornwall

Replies: 10

Re: Chinn Genealogy, Cornwall

Posted: 17 Sep 2013 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Matthew,

I am descended from one Eudivilla Chinn (or Chin) .... she was my great-grandmother. She was born c 1878 (not sure exactly where albeit it was probably Devon or Cornwall) and, in 1916, married a Alfred John Ayton in Plymouth. They had a son (my grandfather) Norman who died in 1935 when the family had already moved to Sudbury in NW London. My mother was only 4 at the time and we know nothing more about the Ayton / Chinn family history.

Eudivilla died in 1937 and is buried in the grave next to her son, Norman. The wedding record of Alfred and Eudivilla shows her name at that date to be Clatworthy which makes me believe that she married someone by that name first ... was she widowed? Yet her first born, Norman, was born in 1910 and she then had two more children, both daughters and neither of whom survived infancy, one born 1912 and the other born 1917.

This is all a bit of a mystery because of the above dates and because I cannot find a birth record or census record for Eudivilla ..... and yet both her first and last names are most unusual.

Are you able to help throw any light on this person? Hope so ...

Jal
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jal_mehta 17 Sep 2013 12:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions