Search for content in message boards

Lewis Wallace

Replies: 12

Re: Lewis Wallace

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 2:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Marshall Wallace is my ggrandfather.His sister Jane was alive when Marshall died in 1914..My grandmother (his daughter) told me about the day he died.Jane and 1 other sister came running across the field screaming his name. The wind caught their long aprons and blew their aprons over their faces. She said that sight would remain with her forever She was 20years oldwhen her father died.
Are you James(Butler) Wallace grandchild? I looked for his obituary several months ago,but could not find it.
.My husband and I were in Princeton Nc last Sat looking for the cemetery Marshall is buried in.He is in the Howell- Tolar cemetery in an unmarked grave.
There is a bastard bond for Jane issued Sept19 1870 with William Lane listed as father. The print is very fuzzy. There is one for her mother Ganzada May 31,1860. Do you have any info on the other sisters Julia,Nancy, and Linda? I have a picture of Marshall's wife Emma taken about 1920.Do you have any pictures of any of our ancestors?
His widow moved all of her children to Vance Co NC in 1916 to work in the cotton mill.
It is wonderful to have someone to correspond with about this family.I have often wondered about their mother. Do you have any info on her?
I cannot wait to hear back from you.Charlotte
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
brewercharlot... 11 Dec 2012 9:17PM GMT 
brewercharlot... 22 Dec 2012 1:00PM GMT 
brewercharlot... 11 Dec 2012 8:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions