Search for content in message boards

Robert Bloye- Fred Bloye- Violet Bloye-Myrtle Bloye- Rose Bloye

Replies: 11

Re: Robert Bloye- Fred Bloye- Violet Bloye-Myrtle Bloye- Rose Bloye

Posted: 6 Jan 2013 12:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Melodie, your post is from 2009 so I'm not sure if you still receive notifications from the message board. I have a friend in the UK whose mother knew Tex Bloye and she was eager to find out more information about him. If you're amenable to discussing your father with my friend via email, could you please respond either via this forum or give me a call at U.S. number 609-558-7904. Thanks, much appreciated.

Here is my friend's note (in part):

Mum was over the moon with the information I found about Frank Curliss but now also wants to know about another Canadian soldier - a friend of Frank's and this one actually stayed at my grandparents house for a while. I've searched the internet over here but it's not really coming up with much information and I thought that maybe a North American based search might find more. He was quite a character by all accounts....he went by the name of Tex Bloye......he used to play music at the local pub/bar and worried the life out of my grandparents because they had 4 small children in the house (including my Mum) and Tex used to walk around with a loaded pistol...Grandad used to sneak around after dark to remove the bullets. Apparently Tex was also very good at standing on the coal bunker that overlooked the street and lasso-ing any unsuspecting passing children! I've found a Tex Bloye who was a musician in the 1950's, which makes sense, but apart from reading that his real name was Harold Robert Bloye, can't find much else.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
computojon 6 Jan 2013 7:20PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 7 Jan 2013 1:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions