Search for content in message boards

County Clare Kenny's

Replies: 13

Re: County Clare Kenny's

Posted: 23 Jun 2012 3:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you very much, this has been very helpful. This is a real breakthrough in researching my mothers family. She was born Colleen Kenny, her father was Edward John Kenny, a professional musician with the Queensland Symphony orchestra born in Melbourne in 1904 died 1951. Mum's knowledge of her fathers family was limited; his mother died when he was born, father couldn't/ wouldn't look after him so placed in an orphanage and spent time with his paternal grandmother. It has taken years to reveal his mother hadn't died but was unmarried and abandoned him at birth. His father was John Laurence Kenny and it was his mother (Edward's grandmother) Mary Ann Kenny (nee Neill) who took the baby at birth and reared him until he was about 10 and then placed him in St Augustin's boys home at the recommendation of the Christian brothers. Mary Ann's husband John (1843-1910) was born in County Clare the son of Rodger Kenny and Mary Keogh.
With what you have given me I can now pursue this line further and my grandfather who had no family history at all now has a lineage.

Thanks again

Maree

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mareen02 23 Jun 2012 9:24PM GMT 
pjculligan_1 25 Jun 2012 4:40PM GMT 
janfortado1 23 Jun 2012 4:22PM GMT 
mareen02 23 Jun 2012 9:25PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions