Search for content in message boards

Breens in Saco Maine

Replies: 15

Re: Breens in Saco Maine

Posted: 5 Mar 2012 10:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Mar 2012 1:01AM GMT
I'm out & got notice of your post on my phone, so forgive this brief initial reply (hunting & pecking on my phone!). Possibly I shouldn't have posted on a "Breen/Maine" thread 'cause I don't know of any connection of my Breens to Maine...but who knows?

I'm seeking a Maine connection for my great grandfather John A. Prendergast, who lived in Chicago from the late 1860s, was a fireman in Chicago and died there in 1909. Every census & his death cert. says born (1849-50) in Maine, sometimes Portland, Maine. But we don't have any evidence of him IN Maine. And we can't identify a family of origin from the Prendergasts in Maine.

His son (my gr. father) married a Breen, but she was from St. Paul and her immigrant father's path from Ireland to MN went thru NY to Wash. DC, MD & VA. We can ID his family in Co. Clare, but no ME connection we know of for these Breens. Someone in Boston did run a Boston Pilot ad looking for him in 1853 however!?

I was trying to reach Paul because he had a 2002 post about a couple of Prendergasts in Saco (York Co. But not far from Portland.) They had ages/dates that made me think they could be a father & sister. Years ago my dad told me this gr. father of his was born in Portland, ME but that his parents were Irish....and Paul's Prendergasts were born in Ireland.

I'm stuck on this John A. Prendergast and searching for leads. I know lots about the Breens, but don't know of a Maine connection. But I have found in other cases in my family tree that these Irish immigrants did seek out people they had connections to in the "old country".

I'll get to my computer tomorrow am & can give this more attention! Thanks for the post.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kvhak01 6 Mar 2012 4:07AM GMT 
WPrendergast 6 Mar 2012 5:12AM GMT 
kvhak01 7 Mar 2012 2:40AM GMT 
WPrendergast 7 Mar 2012 4:20AM GMT 
kvhak01 7 Mar 2012 1:59PM GMT 
WPrendergast 7 Mar 2012 4:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions