Search for content in message boards

Search for Colbeth ancestor

Replies: 14

Maria E. FARRELLY

Posted: 7 Jun 2001 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Oct 2001 5:40PM GMT
Surnames: FARRELLY, WILLIAMS
The following info is taken from the 1917/18 census for Christiansted, St. Croix:

Enumeration District 25
Sheet 1A, Lines 17 - 21
Enumerated at Company Street [#4?] on 31DEC1917

WILLIAMS, Henry E.; Head; 39; [b.] St. Croix
FARRELLY, Maria E.: Wife; 39; [b.] St. Croix
WILLIAMS, Iris T.; Daughter; 11; [b.] St. Croix
--------, Basil P.; Son; 8; [b.] St. Croix
--------, Celita A.; Daughter; 6; [b.] St. Croix

Your grandmother, Christallia, was a very close friend of my late grandmother, Louise Augusta GRAHAM Hansen, and my mother, Enid HANSEN Frederiksen; she was also the godmother of my brother, Andy. My mother called her "Griggie" and we children called her Nen Grigg. She made the best vienna and pound cakes for our birthdays and made matching shirts for Andy and I at Carnival time.

Nen Grigg was both a fantastic cook and an excellent seamstress, though I don't think she worked as either. She just did it for us because we were so close.

I have very vivid memories of Nen Grigg-- her doing the limbo with us at some of our impromptu get togethers at our house (Thursday night was the night she would visit us each week). I also remember visiting her during her illness at her home on the foot of Polyberg Hill. My mother would send me on the porch to play, so I wouldn't "disturb Griggie," but I think they were really "poundin' melee." She was always in good spirits, even during her illness.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
012255 7 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT 
BLANCHE FARLEY 6 Feb 2003 11:34PM GMT 
cjtodmann 22 Apr 2003 8:15AM GMT 
delynch174 15 Dec 2012 3:35PM GMT 
jhculbert 16 Jan 2014 8:02PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic