Search for content in message boards

Baird-Randolph family, Georgia

Replies: 10

Re: Baird-Randolph family, Georgia

Posted: 14 Mar 2009 1:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
This is a very old post, but I thought I would reply anyway. I've been looking at the Baird/Beard family that had ties to Fairfield Co. SC, but moved to Jackson Co, GA.

If I'm not mistaken her father was James Robinson Baird. There are posts about him at genforum on the Brazil Genealogy Forum.

I found the following census data from 1880. Both Ancestry and FamilySearch had it transcribed as Baisa but names and dates match Baird family of interest.

1880 - Dist 248, Jackson Co., GA
James Baird, 64, Minister of the Gospel, b. SC SC SC
Caroline, 50, wife, b. NC NC NC
Alice, 18, daughter, b. SC SC NC
Evolina, 50, sister, b. SC SC SC

I think James's brother was John A. Baird. He was found near James with his daughter's family.
John Baird, 68, b. SC.
Joseph Davis, 26, b. GA
Mary J., 30, MS
several children

John's son, James, 37, is also there with his family.

I think there was another brother, Samuel, whose two sons, William and James, were also in the same area.

I traced John A. and Evalina back to the 1850 census. John was in Chickasaw, MS and Evalina was in Chester Co., SC with the woman I believe was their mother, Nancy. Samuel was in the same household with his wife. There is evidence to connect this Baird family to a branch of the Robinson family in Fairfield Co.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KarolJay 14 Mar 2009 7:24PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions