Search for content in message boards

Bushmills

Replies: 14

Re: Bushmills

Posted: 20 Apr 2012 3:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Callaghan
Hello,

My name is Hugh Reynolds and I live in London. I've just been talking to my father in Scotland and am about to update a family tree document I produced about in August 1997 which has a lot of info my father provided which he in turn had got from my grandmother Tillie Reynolds (nee Callaghan) A section begins...on Charlie Callaghan, My great grandfather...
Charlie Callaghan c.1870 - 1936

"Born at Bushmills, Co. Antrim, Ireland. He was educated in the town and became a schoolteacher there aged about 18. His family owned the local Public House (Pub) known as Callaghan’s Inn which can be seen still operating under this name to the present day in the Main St of Bushmills ( now the Bush Hotel). On the death of his father (name unknown), the Inn passed as a business to all the family. Charlie sold his share and emigrated to America, the passage being a long sea voyage in poor conditions from the port of Derry in Ireland to Boston. He took up residence in Philadelphia."

I'd be delighted in this is of help or if you have more info which i might find useful. The Charlie Callaghan above returned married to Annie Young of Gorran from Boston and landed in Scotland in Lanarkshire and as i say I'm a great grandson. He died 30 years before i was born but my grandmother Tillie his daughter died when i was three and i still remember her.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
HGReynolds 20 Apr 2012 9:39PM GMT 
SherryAnderso... 28 Jul 2012 2:39PM GMT 
SherryAnderso... 9 Mar 2013 4:38PM GMT 
SherryAnderso... 9 Mar 2013 4:43PM GMT 
SherryAnderso... 10 Mar 2013 4:35PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions