Search for content in message boards

Timmings/McPhee in Lochiel or Kenyon

Replies: 16

Re: Timmings/McPhee in Lochiel or Kenyon

Posted: 15 Apr 2011 12:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm sorry to say the Mary McPhee listed in the St. Finnan's Church records born on "26 March 1838" to Archibald McPhee and "Isabella" (Elizabeth) McGillivary is not the Mary McPhee married to William Timmings. She is still single and living with her parents in the 1871 and 1881 Census. ( In 1870 my Mary McPhee is living in Minneapolis with her husband William Timmings and her two children, Mary Jane and Alex. In 1881, she is living with William Timmings and her children, Mary J., Alexander, William, Annie and George in Hawkesbury twp., Prescott Co., Ontario)

I think the next Mary McPhee listed in the St. Finnan's Church records, born on the 03 Sep 1838 to Alexander McPhee (Jr.) and Mary McDonald may be the right one. Mary McPhee and William Timmings do not have parents listed on their marriage record in the St. Finnan's Church Records. Interestingly, I found William Timmings in the Lochiel directory listed as a tenent on C3 Lot 33 in1886. On that same lot is Laughlin McKinnon and his wife, also named Mary McPhee who I think is our Mary's aunt from the family of Alexander McPhee (Sr.) and his wife also named Mary MacDonald. I just need something a little more substantial to confirm this connection.

I believe the reason William Timmings is not listed on a gravestone at the cemetery along with his wife is that he did not die there. I have a border crossing record listing a William Timmings going to Flathead, Montana in 1915. William Timmings Jr., our William Timmings son, had a baby boy born in 1915 in Montana and he lived in Pablo, Montana in the 1920 Census. Pablo is right next to Flathead Lake, Montana! I think grandpa was going to see his new grandson. The border crossing record listed William's father as Thomas Timmings at 10 Rivard, Montreal and his last permanent residence as Montreal. I noticed in the obituary you sent me that his two daughters were from Montreal. I think this may be the trail I will be persuing to find his vital records. Laurie Coles Hill
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jpaq99 1 Feb 2013 12:59AM GMT 
jpaq99 1 Feb 2013 1:03AM GMT 
bobcoles1932 15 Apr 2011 6:32AM GMT 
bobcoles1932 25 Apr 2011 5:45AM GMT 
jpaq99 28 Nov 2012 1:07AM GMT 
jpaq99 1 Feb 2013 1:11AM GMT 
JMHenry13 15 Feb 2013 4:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic