Search for content in message boards

Timmings/McPhee in Lochiel or Kenyon

Replies: 16

Re: Timmings/McPhee in Lochiel or Kenyon

Posted: 24 Apr 2011 11:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: William Timmings and Mary MacPhee marr. 1865 Lochiel
I recently located the death record for William Timmings, age 77,in Montreal. I caught the trail after finding a boarder crossing manifest for William made from Montreal to Flathead, Montana on 15 Jun 1915. His son, William, bought him a ticket to come see his newest grandchild. The document also listed his father's name as Thomas. I also located the original ticket with additional information listing his address in Montreal and his nearest relative was his daughter, Sarah Timmings, at the same address. Thomas is still very illusive. I think he may have been dead for quite some time.

Knowing that William wasn't found in the St. Finnan's Church registries, the boarder crossing info helped me discover his death record in Montreal at Notre Dame Basilique. The record states he died the 1st of Apr 1918 and was from the parish of St. Agnes. I haven't been able to uncover any Timmings in the church records of St. Agnes in Huntingdon, Quebec. More research is in store.

I also found another marriage entry at St. Andrews Catholic Church in Lochiel for the same date but alas no parents listed for either William or Mary. There were two witnesses though: Roderick McLeod & Jane McPhale. I didn't know Lochiel had another Catholic Church and I only have the index for St. Finnan's, so I'm not sure their retlationship to the bride and groom.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jpaq99 1 Feb 2013 12:59AM GMT 
jpaq99 1 Feb 2013 1:03AM GMT 
bobcoles1932 15 Apr 2011 6:32AM GMT 
bobcoles1932 25 Apr 2011 5:45AM GMT 
jpaq99 28 Nov 2012 1:07AM GMT 
jpaq99 1 Feb 2013 1:11AM GMT 
JMHenry13 15 Feb 2013 4:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions