Search for content in message boards

MacMillans of 34.7

Replies: 11

Re: MacMillans of 34.7

Posted: 24 Nov 2013 2:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
I know a fare amount about the McMillans but not much about the MacMillans of 34.7 have dozens in my tree now and am plugging away at finding more. My 2nd great grandmother went by Margaret McMillan but was baptized Mary, just found that two days ago On one census she was Peggy and other records as Margaret - it can get very confusing . Her father Archy, son of Ewen (or Ewine when he immigrated to Canada) , had three wives my Margaret is the eldest child of the second wife Christy Chisholm but then again more confusion as one record has her surname as McPhee.. I say my Margaret because three of Archy's 18 or so children ended up with the name Margaret. and other names were also used twice or three times.
There is very little in 'Butternuts and Maple Sugar" about them so I have been plugging in Archibatd,my great uncle's line in the hope of finding more of Ewen's line.... such as yourself :D

Am waiting on two books by a Mary McMillan that I am told will not have anything on my McMillans but will give me a better 'feeling' for what they lived like .
Here's a tip for searching Ancestry church records if your McMillans were RC and members of St-Finnan Cathedral in Alexandria. Search for Alexandria because that is how Ancestry has St Finnan indexed.
Hope this has been of some help. Nice to meet up with another cousin or I assume we are...:D
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CathernAHarri... 24 Nov 2013 9:38PM GMT 
JMHenry13 25 Nov 2013 5:56AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic