Search for content in message boards

Location of Wilsons in Burke County

Replies: 14

Re: Location of Wilsons in Burke County

Posted: 27 Jan 2012 10:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Kathy,
Hi . Just thought I would follow up on the estate (1829) of Joseph Wilson. It is beyond speculation that this is the correct Joseph and Mary Wilson. Still not proof positive. I really don't quite understand what went on in this tranaction but I was able to find two more siblings of their son Joseph L.. They are daughters Sarah R. and Mary J.. They are (it appears ) living with their mother Mary (Mary as guardian) in 1829. Joseph L. married Elizabeth D. Piver in 1827 and he was living next door to Mary in 1830. So he was not mentioned in the estate settlement. I am still trying to decipher what actually occured in the settlement. I did as you said. I called the Morganton Library and talked to GALE BENFIELD and asked for the estate settlement records. She said it would take two to three weeks. To my amazement I recieved the papers within a week on top of that it was sent snail mail! Incredible! I am very pleased to have talked with her and the very impressed with her ability to handle my query so astutely.

Bob
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
imacuzz1 27 Jan 2012 5:25PM GMT 
KathyGunterSu... 27 Jan 2012 5:35PM GMT 
genesailor1 29 Jul 2013 2:01PM GMT 
imacuzz1 31 Jul 2013 1:35AM GMT 
1_grantandsar... 5 Mar 2012 10:25PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions