Search for content in message boards

Michael Tierney Convict Sent To Australia

Replies: 11

Re: Michael Tierney Convict Sent To Australia

Posted: 8 Jan 2012 12:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,
The information I have is from the Pioneer Register of New England. NSW Loads of information in relation to Patrick Tierney , Bridget Reynolds and their clan.
Michael Tierney dob 2.10.1833 born in Limerick Ireland died 1.8.1888 St Arnaud Vic Buried Wesleyan portion St. Arnaud Cemetery spouse Catherine O'Dell née Cornmie married 1869 Vic.

Information from Limerick Regional Archives Michael Tierney son of Patrick and Bridget Tierney was baptized at RC Cathedral St Johns on 2 oct 1833.

Tierney family lived at lot 18 and 19 Rusden street Armidale Nsw.

Father Patrick born c 1804 Clondalkin Dublin Ireland.

Michaels sister Margaret born 1825 Manchester England would also have been on the Hive.
Research notes on Patrick Tierney Reg No 603 served with 28th Foot The North Glouchester Regiment between 1826 and 1835.
1833 camp Cork Jan, Detached to Tipperary April, On March to Limerick in Dec.
Embarked for Nsw 21st July, disembarked convict ship Hive 10th Jan 1836.
I believe that the Hive was shipwrecked and the passengers boarded the Zebra for the final trip to Sydney.
from research notes prepared by lt Col Neil Smith AM.
I have a copy of Michaels Death Cert which states born Limerick Ireland, 17 years Nsw and 34 years Vic, parents as above.
I hope this helps, info was kindly supplied by Ellen Smith a decendant of Patrick and Bridget.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
adelemckierna... 8 Jan 2012 7:42AM GMT 
babettesmith4 8 Jan 2012 9:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions