BRAGG - RACKLIFF SURNAMES IN MAINE

Replies: 11

Re: Braggs in Maine

Posted: 6 Jul 2002 7:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Jul 2004 7:37PM GMT
Surnames: Bragg
Hi Marilyn,
Seems like we may have hit pay dirt..not sure why I am just getting this message..since I posted the query I have re-married..last name now is Larson also had an accident last year and lost an eye which has set me back quite a bit in this search..Ellen Bragg may be a sister of my Grandmother, Mabel Augusta Bragg who was born in the 1880's in Augusta just a few miles out of Vassalboro. She had a large family of siblings and the family must have moved around a lot as she spoke of living in Bangor, Portland, Winslow and other towns..she died in 1967 in St. Augustine, Florida and had just one son, my father, Stanley S. Rackliff born 1911 in Portland..she married a second time to Walter John Nichols and moved to Florida in the 1920's..she showed me a tintype photo of her parents and ggfather was very tall and thin and ggmother was very short and fat and looked just like a squaw..gmother Mabel was very tall, 6'1" and fair skinned but a copper color to her skin..she had beautiful green eyes and her hair was auburn but very dark..she told me both her parents were Indian..?? ggfather looked like he was maybe mixed blood but ggmother looked fullblooded..did not get to keepthe photo after her death and it is now lost by my stepmother who she lived with at the time of her death..if you have anymore info, please let me know..I will try to get up to Maine for sure by next ear/summer. Still not able to see to drive yet..
Thanks,
Barbara Smith-Larson
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BarbaraRackli... 7 Jul 2002 1:51AM GMT 
BarbaraRackli... 10 Sep 2002 3:19AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic