Search for content in message boards

James D. Davenport Davenports in Texas

Replies: 12

Ella BROOKS DAVENPORT

Posted: 21 Nov 2000 9:06AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 2:05AM GMT
Listen, don't think your the only one that doesn't know much about this family. My dad was Robert Lee's and son and all the time I was growing up, I never heard one word about his dad.All we had was one picture of Robert Lee and nothing else. I was always curious about my other grandparents and asked about them every chance I got. Before I graduated high school, I decided to give up hope on ever finding out anything. I had been out of school for about a year when my dad got killed in a car wreck. When it came time to feel in his next of kin at the funeral home, I only had knowledge of one sister. We were it for him.......right then I began to do what I could to dig information from anybody and everybody. I figured I'd be wasting my time placing a message on the boards.....but to my surprise someone replied. And let me tell you, this is a BIG family to learn about. I will now answer your question since I have outwinded the both of us....sorry.

Andrew J. DAVENPORT b June 10,1846 Whitley Co.,KY d Jan. 23,1929 Gustine, Comanche Co.,TX. He was married Feb.1,1866 Whitley Co.,KY to Mossy A. BOYD,dau of Ballinger BOYD and Mary DAVIS. She was b 1843 in MO. He married June 9,1879 in Burnet Co.,TX.

Andrew and Mossy had the following children:

1. Elias DAVENPORT b 1865,KY (my ggpa)

2. William Ballinger DAVENPORT b Aug 28,1869 MO d Sept 28,1951 Comanche Co.,TX

3. Rachel Elizabeth DAVENPORT b May 1,1872 d April 4,1936 Gustine, Comanche Co.,TX

4. Sarah Emmaline DAVENPORT b Jan 3,1875 MO d Aug 9,1950 San Angelo,Tom Green Co.,TX

******Elias DAVENPORT married Sarah FREEMAN b TX. They had only one child that I know of and this was Robert Lee DAVENPORT b June 4,1896 TX d Feb 8,1954 Temple Bell,TX. (This is my grandfather) My grandmother was a little on the strange side and this may have led to their divorce. Her name? Which one? I knew her to have two different names. I believe her legal name was Lottie Lee COKER b Feb 8,1909 d Mar 20,1980. On my dads birth certificate she signed it Kimmie Wheeler.She remarried after the divorce,so nowshe could be buried under any combination of those two names or be using her married name of BLACKWELL.

******The second son of Andrew J. DAVENPORT,
William Ballinger DAVENPORT is the one married to Ella BROOKS b April 15,1875 TX d Jan 4,1929 Gorman,Eastland,TX. They married Dec 16,1892 Burnet Co.,TX.

I have more if you need it. Let me know..

Kim
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KimCarter88 21 Nov 2000 4:06PM GMT 
Carie 1 Dec 2000 2:17PM GMT 
DarrellMorris... 6 Mar 2003 11:46PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions