I am corresponding with a descendant of Johannes Van Sycklin.
Johannes^3Van Sycklin[Ferdenandus^2,Johannes^1] was born abt. 1669. He married Janetje Abt. 1694 in Gravesend, NJ.
notes for Johannes Van Sycklin:
He removed to NJ and settled in the valley of the Raritan river prior to 1699, and was undoubtedly the first Van Sicklen who settled in this vicinity.
On the records of the Raritan Dutch Reformed Church is found the dates of baptism of two of his sons, namel, Reinier, who was baptized April 12, 1716 and who married Christina or Stijntje; and Johannes who was baptized 29 May, 1726 and who married Margrietje_______. It is quite probable that they had other children:
namely Ferdinand who married Margrietje Laan:
Abraham who married Ellizabeth _____:
and Jannetje, who married Jan Marlett.
Children of Johanes Van Sycklin and Janetje are;
1. Ferdinand^4 Van Sycklin, m. Margrietje Lann.
2. Abraham Van Sycklin, m. Elizabeth
3. Reynier Van Sycklin
4. Johannes Van Sycklin, m. Margretta
5. Jannetje Van Sycklin, m. Jan Marlett.
This is as he recorded the facts. Thank You, John
according to History of Van Sickle Family by John W. Van Sickle, Published in 1880.
page 80 lists: eight children of Ferdinandus Van Sicklen and Eva Antonis Jansen :
1. Reinier, b. abt 1661, m. Jannetje Van Hooren
2. Margrietje, b. abt 1663, m. Jan Albertse Terhune
3. Eva, b. abt 1666, m. Jan Berden or Bendet
4. Johannes, b. abt 1669, m, Jannetje _________.
5. Jannetje, b. abt 1672, m, Adrian Lane
6. Ferdinand, b. abt 1675, m, Margrietje _______.
7. Corenelia, b. abt 1678, m. Jan Cornelius Banta
8. Susanna, b. abt 1681, baptized 1 May 1681
note, I am sure there are many people searching you Johannes
just keep asking and looking.