Search for content in message boards

FTM2012 Well-formed GEDCOMS

Replies: 39

Re: FTM2012 Well-formed GEDCOMS

Posted: 10 Aug 2012 4:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Russ Worthington comment

“Again, I think this message board should help bring out the details of the issue, and THAT be submitted as Feedback”

Russ You and I agree here and the following is essentially saying that

“** This does not mean that the users should be left out of the equation. They should have input into the development of a “best practices” document and where the “best practices” are deficient they should be providing input to the people responsible for the “best practice” – Ancestry.com”

A problem I see in this forum is that in many many cases an issue is discussed over and over and then feedback is never submitted to the responsible Ancestry.com people

Essentially, what I am trying to say is that the users are letting Ancestry.com off the hook by developing their own set of best practices [yours is an example].

I applaud [reluctantly because I believe you are letting them off the hook] what you are trying to do, but I think more emphasis should be placed on getting Ancestry.com to recognize that it is not your responsibility nor other user’s responsibility to develop the “best practices” but the responsibility belongs to them and if they are reluctant to take it then users should place more emphasis on forcing them to take it

Comment for kj_norway

I think that in many cases the development group is just making it up as they go along. They could benefit by having some additional experienced genealogists on their staff. A few more experienced technical writers and some people to help the technical writers develop documents/instructions that users can read and understand would also be helpful

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KATHYMARIEANN 10 Aug 2012 10:00AM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 10 Aug 2012 2:31PM GMT 
KATHYMARIEANN 10 Aug 2012 2:58PM GMT 
kj_norway 11 Aug 2012 2:05PM GMT 
Russ Worthing... 11 Aug 2012 11:01PM GMT 
padmin1 29 Dec 2011 2:11AM GMT 
kj_norway 29 Dec 2011 2:37AM GMT 
padmin1 29 Dec 2011 2:52AM GMT 
kj_norway 29 Dec 2011 4:24AM GMT 
silverfox3280 29 Dec 2011 2:58PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions