Search for content in message boards

Thomas Phillips (1817 - )

Replies: 11

Re: Thomas Phillips (1817 - )

Posted: 16 Dec 2013 10:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Nic, you asked me about the evidence of the business that Thomas ran in Kington Herefordshire in the mid 19th century. I am sorry to be long in replying but I just have had quite a lot of computer maintenance on the systems over here. Because of the numerous changes to hard drives I have still not located the scans. The print outs refer to Pigot's Directories for Herefordshire and I saw them at the now closed Family Record Centre in Islington in 2004. The 1845 edition shows under Tailors for Kington Thomas Phillips - Market Place. The 1835 edition shows Benjamin Phillips - Market Place. Despite the common name there is still a high probability that they are related - possibly father and son on this evidence alone. The Directory includes Environs so for example Lyonshall where a number of the tailors are, is a near by village.
As to Evenjobb, a look at the place through Google maps shows it is small. Again I have a scan of an old map of the area. There has been little change apart from a group of more recent houses.
I first started pursuing this tree in 1997.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
johnphillips4 16 Dec 2013 5:16PM GMT 
Nicolas Ivano... 18 Dec 2013 10:30AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions