Search for content in message boards

Colin & Catherine McCrae of Melbourne/Yarra, Victoria, Aus.

Replies: 20

Re: Colin & Catherine McCrae of Melbourne/Yarra, Victoria, Aus.

Posted: 20 Nov 2012 9:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Royse McCrae
Hi Barbara, its been a few years since you made this post, however I've only just come across it. Hope you pick this post up and are able to reply.

William Royse (snr) of Dunedin was my Great Grandfather. His son William Graham Royse (jnr), my Grandfather, married Fanny Miriam Salmon in 1913 and was the assayer at the Blackwater Mine, West Coast, NZ until about 1920 when they moved to New Plymouth NZ. My father, William MacRae Royse was the youngest of three children, his sisters were Katherine and Elsie.

Bill has been dead for a few years, he died aged in his 90's in the Linton RSL Village in Yass NSW. I have a reasonable amount of family history including my Mother's memories of a visit to Frances Elsie (m. Frank Morrah) in Wellington NZ in 1952.

I'd be interested in getting in touch to fill in the gaps including info on Isaac Royse of Castleton, Derbyshire.

FYI I can see Catherine Royse was granted probate on her Mother's estate in 1899, as follows:

The West Australian Wednesday 17 May 1899
http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/3226636
PURSUANT to an Act of the Imperial Parliament made and passed in tho 22nd and 23rd years of the reign of Her present Majesty, Chapter 35, intituled "An Act to further amend the Liw oE Property and lo relieve Trustees " (adopted by Local Ordinance 31 Victoria, No. 8) : Notice Í3 hereby given that any persons having any CLAIM or DEMANDS against the Estate of CATHERINE MCRAE, late of Gooseberry Hill, in the colony of Western Australia, widow, deceased (who died at Gooseberry Hill aforesaid on the ISthFix this text March, 1S93, and probate of whose estate was granted by the Supreme Court of Western Australia to Catherine 'Royse, of Dunedin, in the colony of New Zea'and) are hereby required to SEND in writing PARTICULARS of their claims and demands to R. W. PENNEFATHER, of Barrack-street, Perth, Solicitor for the said Executrix, on or before the 21st day oE MAY, 1899.

Best regards
Paul Royse
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
colonialboy 21 Nov 2012 4:48AM GMT 
colonialboy 30 Nov 2012 1:34AM GMT 
gmbb59 5 Feb 2013 4:24AM GMT 
colonialboy 5 Feb 2013 9:04AM GMT 
Alistair_Roys... 13 Mar 2013 10:17AM GMT 
colonialboy 13 Mar 2013 9:06PM GMT 
colonialboy 18 Mar 2013 12:59AM GMT 
Alistair_Roys... 18 Mar 2013 4:14AM GMT 
AllanBullock 9 Oct 2008 3:25AM GMT 
dunlopdm 10 Oct 2008 11:30AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions