Search for content in message boards

Dale of TX and OK

Replies: 11

Re: Dale of TX and OK

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 8:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
My father in law mentioned once to me that he recalled when he was living in OK as a very small boy his grandmother, who died there in OK, was Cherokee...he couldn't recall how much, but he said she was either full Cherokee or 3/4. The only grandmother he had that died in OK was Letha Mae Dale. She is buried in Denison Cemetery,Idabel, Mc Curtain, OK. For many years I had her father listed a J. Dale and mother Ida. The only J. Dale and Ida I have found was John L. Dale and Ida Abell, both of Texas. However, both John L Dale and Ida, from photo I found do not appear to be Cherokee. I have found a James Dale on the Dawes Roll. However, no further info. As for Samuel Dale, I do not have anything for him, but in research I did find a Gen.Samuel Dale, but no record of him ever getting married or having kids. He was involved with the Indians alot. Don't know if there is any kind of family connection, but there sure are alot of signs that indicate it, but just can't piece it all together yet.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
AMS64 19 Nov 2012 3:12AM GMT 
FletcherSpign... 19 Jul 2005 1:56AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic