Search for content in message boards

Donnybrook Catholic Churches

Replies: 24

Re: Donnybrook Catholic Churches

Posted: 6 Jan 2013 8:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KEEGAN, O'Connor, Dempsey
Oh My Sweet Goodness! I am overjoyed with all this help! I knew 2013 was going to be a good year! \o/ Thank you so very much to each of you for responding. I have been picking away at this for the last 5yrs, at least!

Colette - You angel!

Of course the Dempsey's have to be Mary Anne Keegan (Dad's youngest sibling) and her husband! It never occurred to me to look for other tenants at Number 10! I am feeling very silly right now! I have a picture of the two adult sisters sitting out on the back step of a house together. Again it all fits! Plus, No 10 was the parental home, so again it makes sense that the two younger sisters were still there!

The marriage & death details seem to be very real possibilities. However, I am unclear how to get the certificates from those listings. Do I just write those details on a form to the appropriate body?

Regarding the first marriage of my father, I have no inkling whatsoever of his wife's name. That has always been the problem. However, recently I was looking through the Mormon data base and came across a marriage relating to a: Jack Keegan. The date would fit. Given that I have never been able to remotely pinpoint a marriage for him, I wondered, if he had married using the name he was known to everyone by, ie: Jack Keegan ?

Equally, I have no idea of the names of my half-siblings, other than to suspect that some would have family names. I think one would be Thomas, after my grandfather. Also there is a picture knocking around of a Thomas, so ... Also, I think he may well have named one son after his dead brother, John. *shrugs*

My father had six children to his first wife. At least five of them were sons. Stories differ as to whether the sixth child was a boy, or a girl. Though I now believe that the sixth child was a daughter. It is within the bounds of possibility that his youngest child is still living. (I would so love to be able to make contact, with at least one of my half-siblings. It has been my wish my entire life.)

Thank you again, you have no idea what this means to me - Each jigsaw piece is so precious to me!

Jan x

btw: My father was born: 23 June 1905 (Dublin)and died aged 58 on: 25 November 1963, (Cheshire, England)

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JanetKeegan 7 Jan 2013 3:00AM GMT 
JanetKeegan 7 Jan 2013 3:06AM GMT 
Ursulatbyrne 7 Jan 2013 10:45AM GMT 
BrianEllis65 7 Jan 2013 12:43PM GMT 
JanetKeegan 3 Feb 2013 9:31AM GMT 
BrianEllis65 3 Feb 2013 10:19AM GMT 
JanetKeegan 3 Feb 2013 10:34AM GMT 
BrianEllis65 3 Feb 2013 10:45PM GMT 
Ursulatbyrne 15 Jun 2013 8:08PM GMT 
walk113d12 7 Jan 2013 11:12PM GMT 
per page