Search for content in message boards

Medals issued in the Franco-Prussian War

Replies: 126

Re: Infanterie-Regiment No. 76

Posted: 13 Aug 2009 3:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Ken; Thank you for the info. In the info about the regimental history, it said, "Verleger Berlin: Mittler." What does the term "Mittler" refer to? I read your posting from July 26, in which you mentioned denkmalprojekt.org, and I visited the site last night. Although I wasn`t able to understand much of it, since I don`t know German, I saw at the bottom of the home page a Google search engine, and so I typed my surname into it, to see if there were any Prussian soldiers who had my surname, and it found three results. The third search result seemed to be Prussian casualties, so I looked on there, and almost at the bottom of the page, there was something entitled, "3. Brandenburgische Landwehr-Regt. Nr. 20 (3. Batl. Potsdam), and at the top of that list, it listed, "Sec. Ltnt" (Second Lieutenant?), and next to that, it listed the surname "Arndts." It had one column with the heading, "Todesdatum," and beneath that it had the following date: "27.06.1866," which I know is June 27, 1866, and there was another column with the heading, "Bemerkungen," and beneath that it said, "Verw." Would you please tell me what all that stuff means? I noticed that that particular list of names had only initials listed in place of first names, but this Lieutenant Arndts didn`t have a first name or a first initial listed. As you have probably figured out, I`m interested in this because I had an ancestor who served in the Prussian army during the F-P war, and I`m wondering how to find out what the first name of this individual was, in order to determine if this Lieutenant is my ancestor. I realize that probably this Lieutenant is not my ancestor, but without his first name (or at least initial), there`s no way to find out. Would you have any idea of how to find anyone who might look up stuff at the FHL in Salt Lake City? I`d like to see if the Prussian army church books there might list my ancestor. Thank you. Bill Arndts.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pegasi11 13 Aug 2009 2:21AM GMT 
Ken_Sch 13 Aug 2009 2:49AM GMT 
pegasi11 13 Aug 2009 9:57PM GMT 
Ken_Sch 13 Aug 2009 11:56PM GMT 
pegasi11 14 Aug 2009 5:26PM GMT 
sanilac1910 15 Aug 2009 2:19PM GMT 
forrestshade 7 May 2010 12:07AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions