Search for content in message boards

The HUNKIN/TUITELE Family of American Samoa

Replies: 24

Re: The HUNKIN/TUITELE Family of American Samoa

Stephanie Ann Rogers (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2005 10:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandfather was Mathew Vaomlo Laipise Tuitele from Leone, Tuitila in American Samoa. He was the son of To'omata Talae Laipise Tuitele and Taufanua Lemaia. He served in the military for many years taking part in the Korean Conflict and earning several honors during that time. He was stationed at Ft. Campbell army base in Christian Co. Kentucky where he met and married Jean Delores Thomas of Gracie, KY. When they married he adopted her three children, who were very young, one boy and two identical twin girls.

John Thomas Tuitele, (1957) lives in Peoria, AZ. Married Lynn and has one son Sean.

Doris Jean Tuitele McGregor, (September 3, 1959) lives in Hopkinsville, KY, married David McGreogor and had one son Davis McGregor.

Daphne Dean Tuitele, (September 3, 1959) lives in Madisonville KY. She married Steven Hammons Rogers and had two children Stephanie Ann Rogers (May 9, 1984) and James Mathew Rogers (November 1, 1988). They later divorced, she remarried Richard Wayne Adams, had no children and later divorced.

The three children's last name was Tatum at the time they were adopted. That is how it appears on birth certificates and the adoption papers. If you give me a bit, I can get my grandparents marriage date, papa's birthdate, and other dates for you. (My grandma travels in RV's and it is hard to track her down. HA HA!)

Mathew is only spelt with one "T", unlike his brother, and he died on 08-28-1990 in Hopkinsville, KY at age 55. He is buried there. I will warn you that the marriage and adoption was not popular with many of his brothers and sisters because my grandmother was not Samoan, so asking questions about that may need to be done gently.

If you have any more info on his brothers or sisters I'd love to know. I know many are now deceased, but I believe 3 or so are still living. Will try to get dates to you soon! Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Stephanie Ann Rogers 13 Jan 2005 5:42PM GMT 
ggperry 17 Jan 2005 4:57PM GMT 
Stephanie Rogers 18 Jan 2005 3:56PM GMT 
kanebaby 6 Jul 2011 10:57PM GMT 
chunkin12 26 Jun 2013 3:32AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions