Search for content in message boards

Lee Co. Va. Family

Replies: 26

Re: Fannon/Hodge

Janice Sparks Chaney (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2006 9:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fannon/Moore/Sparks/Carter
David, I received a copy of your answer to Sherry. My people are John Sparks people. They grew up in Tacoma, Wise County, and on Pine Camp. My Great grandparents are buried in the cemetary at Moore Cemetary. My mother is the grandaughter of Charles and Lakey Moore. My father's mother was Josephine Carter married to John Sparks. His father was the doctor that saved a lot of people during the flu epidemic. I have quite a bit of the background thru the Sparksquarterly. I am very inyterested in finding out about Epharian Moore Charles Father. Charles was illiegitimate, (mother Nancy Wheatley Sexton wife of Robert Sexton killed in 1865 in Richmond). Charles had the Sexton name until he married Lakey at the age of 18. Something happened then and he took his fathers name and I would like to find someone that knows why and if there is a document that shows his fathers information. Realizxe this is a lot. I've been searching for a few years and if you could help I would be so grateful. The spelling of his name wiould be great. Eherian, Nancy and Charles age 9 show up on the 1880 census with Moore spelled Moare (May have been misspelled.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Janice Sparks Chaney 29 Aug 2006 3:35PM GMT 
Janice Sparks Lewis Chaney 29 Aug 2006 3:42PM GMT 
Sherry 29 Aug 2006 5:12PM GMT 
mcdonald135 9 Sep 2002 2:46AM GMT 
lnrrblj 13 Aug 2003 10:49PM GMT 
Catrina McDonald 15 Aug 2003 5:00PM GMT 
jghowell 11 Nov 2002 2:55PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic