Search for content in message boards

Ranald McDonald of Soulanges, St. Polycarpe

Replies: 20

Re: Ranald McDonald of Soulanges, St. Polycarpe

Posted: 9 Jul 2013 1:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McDonald/Keyes/ Dorion/Mcgillivray
I have McGillivray connections in My Dorion and Mc/MacDonald
genealogy. I beleive Ann McDonald who married Ronald of St. Polycarpe had a son named Daniel McDonald who lived in Montreal. Ann had a sister Margaret Jane McDonald who was known as Jennie. She married a Rawson. Thier daughter Mary married Andrew Keyes. These families have descendents in the Montreal area. There was another sister who married a Joy and another who married a Gouldsmith. Their are Mac/McDonald connections in Montreal. Ann's fathers name was Alexander. The names you mention could be connected through children of Ann and Ronalds. Ann was a Mac/McDonald before marriage to Ronald. Her mother Margaret Scott married 2 different Mac/McDonalds. Alexander MacDonald died in Knoydart. Samuel McDonald died in Arnprior and Margaret Scott(Ann's mom) is buried at Malloch Rd. Cemetery in Arnprior. John Ranold McDonald of Sand Point married Penelope McDonell. They were Godparents to Samuel and Margaret's son Duncan McDonald. He married Julia Keyes. (Samuel was a Blacksmith and may have came from Glenlg in Scotland to Arnprior area in 1852 about the time of the Clearances.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cagott 9 Jul 2013 7:57PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions