Search for content in message boards

Norwegian Letters Translation Help Needed

Replies: 30

Re: Norwegian Letters Translation Help Needed

Posted: 29 Sep 2012 8:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi

Page 4 is a bit more difficult to read. It is obviously written by Johannes and I have a bit trouble with his handwriting. I shall give it a try, but if someone reads it different - please correct.

Here is how I translate page 4:

I have so many times been talking to my wife that we had to write to you, but unfortunately the days went by and nothing was done about it. As you probably know the times in this country now has been very bad for a long time with great misery among people. We are now waiting for the large herring to come so that people will get something to do. But unfortunately in the past years it has brought disappointments because it has proven to be difficult to get it traded at profitable prices.
It is not easy under these circumstances to try to start a business for myself but once this must be tried because I have started doing this. I have now had to provide for me and mine in this way since last May and happily I have had the agency in fish Helga writes about that has been so successful that we have been able to cope to this time and we hope that better times once will come.
I found it terribly sad for you Amandus that you lost Jenny, but this is something that is not left us humans to decide over. I hope that your toddlers are doing well and that the times for you are so good that you are satisfied. You must be so kind to send us a few words so we can know how you are living. If there are not so many letters a year, I think we should hear from each other at least at every Christmas.
Dearest Johs.

-------------
Vivi
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
4vivi 30 Sep 2012 11:11PM GMT 
tamasaw 28 Sep 2012 5:02PM GMT 
4vivi 30 Sep 2012 1:02AM GMT 
tamasaw 28 Sep 2012 5:03PM GMT 
4vivi 30 Sep 2012 1:32AM GMT 
HaraldStorake... 30 Sep 2012 2:09AM GMT 
4vivi 30 Sep 2012 2:34AM GMT 
tamasaw 30 Sep 2012 4:13AM GMT