Search for content in message boards

Is there a way to check a FTM 2012 file for errors.

Replies: 22

Re: Is there a way to check a FTM 2012 file for errors.

Posted: 17 May 2013 1:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Response to dmossfritch comment

I understand/recognize there are different types of errors. That is why I used the word “SOME” in my lead in sentence.

Also, I recognize that this thread has been discussing more than one type of error; For example, one type as addressed by johndd 189 and others [which I guess you would call a data entry error] and another type caused by the program [which you are calling “database structure errors”]

Regardless of the type of error I assume the user would want to fix it if and when they find it

Since no comment expressly identified a specific program to help find/fix data entry errors I thought I would mention one that is quite helpful ---GENMatcher [which as I pointed out has more capability than the error report used by FTM]

I offer no solution to fixing “database structure errors” in FTM, but I would point out there are other types of errors than the ones being discussed-----for example “program design errors” that introduce an “error” that is not in compliance with longstanding Genealogy documentation standards—and there are a few of these also in FTM
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
barbarajfn 17 May 2013 5:29PM GMT 
KATHYMARIEANN 17 May 2013 7:49PM GMT 
chris_rickaby 26 May 2013 7:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions