Search for content in message boards

Dawes from Stoke Deremell Devon England

Replies: 30

Re: Dawes from Stoke Deremell Devon England

Posted: 27 Dec 2011 12:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dawe, Hodder, Tapp, Bartlett
Hi Dawn,
Forgive my unfamiliarity with the towns in England, but would Stoke Deremell Devon be near Stoke, St Mary, Somerset?
My husband has Dawe ancestors from Stoke, St Mary, Somerset, and if that is the same area, then I wonder if they might be connected to your Dawes.
Maybe if I give you the names of the Dawes in my husband's line, you could see if any of it matches up with any of your Dawes.

My husband's great grandmother was named Bertha Dawe, and she was born in 1871. She was one of eight children. Her sibling's names were: Emily, Charlotte, Charles, Harriett, Sarah, Frank, and Fanny. (All born between the years 1863-1874) Bertha married Fred Hodder.

Bertha's parents were George Dawe (b 1835 in Stoke) and Mary Jane Tapp (1834-1916). George was one of twelve children (that I know of.) His siblings' names were MaryAnn, William, Charles, Edwin, Harriet, Elizabeth, Emily, Anna, Sarah, Ellen, and ANOTHER Charles. (Yes, there were apparently two Charles's in the same family.) His siblings were all born between the years 1827-1849.

George's parents were Charles Dawe (1806-1856) and Ann Bartlett (1802-1861).
That's as far back as I have.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jessicahodder... 27 Dec 2011 7:53PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions