Search for content in message boards

lowe from current eleuthera

Replies: 74

Re: treco's

Jen Diamond (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2002 7:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Kent,
I got the names and dates from the archives in Nassau. They were in the records of baptisms in St. Paul's Church in Long Island. I then went to Dolores with the list to check them. Your grandfather's name was listed as Cuthbert Roseberry, but Dolores said it was Curtis. There may have been an error in the record, or He may have been named Cuthbert and called Curtis, which seemed to happen a lot. The third child, Maggie, was named Azalea Alexendrina, but I only knew her as Aunt Maggie. She was not Carroll's child; Apparently Georgiana strayed while Grandpa was ill for six months, and he adopted the child when it was born. Uncle Oswald was ebtered as Osborne, and Uncle Tracy as Harold Minton (his name was Herbert Milton). It can be confusing. I'm still in Nassau and have a few more days here. I am going to try and get down to the Registrar General to search the birth records, and verify the names and dates I have. If I find any discrepancies I'll let you know (if I get there). I'm at my sister's home now. My e-mail is jendimond@yahoo.com. Did you get the picture she sent you last night? We borrowed a lot of old pictures from Aunt Dolores to scan for ourselves. We have several of Grandpa Treco. If you would like to have more, let me know.
We certainly are cousins, and I hope some day we might meet. Do you know anything about a Treco family reunion that is held in New York every year? We'd love to go to that. That's all for now. Send us some pictures of your family. Jen
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
heybirddog 8 Oct 2002 11:26PM GMT 
heybirddog 8 Oct 2002 5:10PM GMT 
Shirley Cartwright nee Lowe 2 Feb 2002 11:27PM GMT 
K. Treco 20 Mar 2002 7:17PM GMT 
Shirley Cartwright nee Lowe 2 Feb 2002 11:27PM GMT 
kc3448539 8 Mar 2002 8:08PM GMT 
patknowles24 13 Mar 2002 12:59AM GMT 
Jenny Diamond 14 Oct 2002 6:25PM GMT 
Kent "Treco" Cartwright 15 Oct 2002 2:32PM GMT 
Jen Diamond 16 Oct 2002 1:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions