Search for content in message boards

ALL Taylors in Franklin County

Replies: 30

Re: ALL Taylors in Franklin County

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 5:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Northborough MA Vital Records

John Taylor, son of Holloway Taylor and Dinah his wife was born October 18, 1791

http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=View&r=an&dbid=...

You will note on this page the birth and death of daughter Jemima Taylor as well. This was the first child of this name. The one I mentioned in previous post was the second of that name.

I believe it was Maria Hemenway's Vermont Gazeteer that I first learned of Holloway Taylor's removal to St Albans from Northborough, MA. (The book is not indexed so I'd have to pull my book out to find the reference and am leaving for work shortly.)

I studied this line as they tied to my ancestor Giles Taylor at Fletcher, VT and I had hoped they were related.

These were notes I had on John

He appears on the St Albans Grand List on Sept, 29, 1813. John Taylor who became a freeman at Fletcher the first Tuesday of September 1821. [V.R. Book #1, pg 142]

Appears on 1830 Fletcher census, b. 1790-1800. Might he and Giles S. Taylor have been brothers? He and Giles G. Taylor, son of Giles S. (b. 1789, son of John) were elected surveyors March 3, 1840 [Fletcher Town Records Book #1 p 407].
(I have since found no tie between the families except for their names and common town and jobs.)

His will was read Dec. 13, 1845 at Fairfax, VT: John Taylor late of Fletcher and husband of Miriam Taylor, executrix, "bequeaths farm on which I now live containing 50 acres of land together with all the rest of my property to my wife, paying the sum of $5 each to my children: Susan Taylor Emery, Hannah Taylor, Cynthia Taylor six months after my decease. Appoint Miriam sole executrix of will set 19th October 1845 in the presence of William Keniston, David Cheney Jr., & Joseph Hunt."

On June 16, 1847 Miriam Taylor & Reuben Hunt made announcement at Fairfax, VT of their plan to marry. They had a long prenuptial agreement regarding her property & his involving Franklin Hunt & their children & heirs if the marriage is solemnized. [Microfilm of Fletcher, VT G75079 -- 028188 p 395]

I recently found Miriam's marriage record to Reuben Hunt but didn't add it to my database. Will let you know when I find again. I might have found it on familysearch.org

Let me know if you need anything else. Happy hunting.
Wanda Alter
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
wandaalter 23 Jan 2013 12:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions