Search for content in message boards

Alexander Young of North Adams, MA

Replies: 33

Re: Alexander Young of North Adams, MA

Posted: 7 Jun 2010 9:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Sharon - the North Adams Transcript is the local paper. If you search on Alexander Young the first article that appears is one on his losing his paperwork for pension identification. Followed sortly by an article on a birthday party for Mary's 80+ birthday and then her obit thereafter. It appears Alexandar met Mary in North Adams as her obit refers to her living there since a young girl. There is more than one Alexander Young in the Berkshire area so you will have to decide what applies and what does not. Not all the newpapers are being retreived so no obit for Alexander. I can look it up on microfilm when I go up there sometime this month. Can you just let me know what it is specifically you are trying to find out.
If you look at the Civil War site that I'd previously sent you will find George, Francis, and many other St. Hyanthis boys that signed up in VT. Sometime when I'm looking for something the history of the time can be interesting. What brought these young men to VT/Civil War. I was up there looking through G.A.R. records and didn't find either of the names within that local GAR post. There is a book that has individuals recalling their experiences (both of my gg-grands are in that book). Let me know what you need.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mcconnl909 7 Jun 2010 3:07PM GMT 
sharone6077 9 Jun 2010 2:36AM GMT 
sferguson182 22 Oct 2011 4:14AM GMT 
mcconnl909 23 Oct 2013 10:32PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions