Search for content in message boards

Jehial Hartin and Elsie Jane Parks

Replies: 30

Re: Jehial Hartin and Elsie Jane Parks

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 5:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Barefoot,Parks
I know this message board is a few years old, but one of the names you mentioned in your message board caught my eye. Like you I am Canadian and doing research on both my mother and father's family tree's in Canada and back to ,England,Scotland and Ireland.My parents grew up 250 miles from each other in Ontario, but met eventually in Toronto and married. Strangely enough their ancestry is from the three mentioned parts of the British Isles,and some come from the same counties,and some family names are commopn to both in our history. You mentioned( Barefoot ),my gr. gr. gr. grandmother was born Margaret Barefoot in Antrim Ireland, sometime around 1800-1808 and married Robert Adair in Millrow Presbyterian Church, Sept.15.1826.,also that same day and place a Margaret or Mary Barefoot married a James Adair. Possibly same couple or close relatives, and a double wedding ceremony,not sure.
I am trying to find out more about Margaret Barefoot and her family tree. Not sure if they're any relation to those you are researching. Their son Robert Adair and his wife Elizabeth English,emigrated to Huron,Co. On.Canada in 1870.
This is on my mothers side of the family.
You also mentioned the name (Parks) this surname is found in two branches of my fathers family tree, one on his fathers and one on his mothers. This family originated in Scotland.Please contact me if anything sounds familiar or interesting to you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DeGower 17 Feb 2012 12:05AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions