Search for content in message boards

Interactive Image Viewer – Coming Soon to More Collections!

Replies: 81

Re: Interactive Image Viewer – Coming Soon to More Collections!

Posted: 4 Jun 2013 1:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
I too have been anxiously awaiting the return of this feature. The viewer feels positively crippled without them.

I consider this the main advantage that Ancestry has over most of the other sites - the ease of navigating from one record to other possibly related records. (The records that Ancestry suggests may not be for the same person, but that's fine - I find that it is always a good idea to examine all the records you can find for people with similar names and dates, to help avoid confusing two people with similar data. I do explicit searches for that purpose as well, but following the suggested links is a much faster first cut.)

Clicking through the census index one line at a time to see a side bar with related records for multiple people on the census page is faster than having to do "Go to Record" for each individual and look at the right hand side bar on the main record display for that entry, then return to the image. And the main record display only shows related records and comments, not other people who have saved the same record to their tree like the old viewer did.

(I am not a tree grabber, in fact, I do not even keep a tree on Ancestry at all, but I still find that looking at other people's trees can be helpful, if only to study the multiple different and often conflicting ways that people have interpreted or linked the same record.)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Teri Pettit 4 Jun 2013 7:29PM GMT 
Steven Gibbs 8 Jun 2013 3:54PM GMT 
Mike Lawless 17 Jun 2013 8:04PM GMT 
tulrose 17 Jun 2013 9:11PM GMT 
Teri Pettit 13 Sep 2013 6:51PM GMT 
scwbcm 13 Sep 2013 8:31PM GMT 
mbmjlm 14 Sep 2013 1:12AM GMT 
S_KERR 2 Aug 2013 6:57PM GMT 
lincoln5775 7 Aug 2013 6:55PM GMT 
S_KERR 7 Aug 2013 10:24PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions