Search for content in message boards

Ft. Pitt information

Replies: 2

Re: Ft. Pitt information

Posted: 26 Jan 2012 2:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
This is what i have writen so far in my revised Kiper "red book" done in 1983 by margret hurley (she helped) and fay bohaning.
G1.George Frederick Kiper s/o
B. d.
Md. Elizabeth
b. d.
Had 3 chn.
1. Henry Kiper
2. Frederick Kiper
3. Jacob Kiper

The Kiper family was among the first pioneers of Grayson and Breckinridge Counties. George Frederick Kiper, a Private in the Revolutionary War, was stationed at Fort Pitt, then Yohogania County, Virginia, now Pittsburg Pa, in 1777 and 1778. With his wife, Elizabeth, and four children, they were planning to migrate to Caintuck Reg, then part of Virginia. While still in the service, George Frederick was killed by the Indians in October of 1778 as their migration began. Elizabeth was scalped in the same attack but lived. Wearing a turban type head covering, she came to Kentucky with her children, Henry, Frederick and Jacob; the fourth child is not identified.

I found a muster roll dates Oct. 1, 1777 Goerge Fredrick Kiper was listed as a private under Captain James O’Hara. That was the last that I found of him. It is highly unlikely that he would move his family to Kentucky during the late fall since there was only two trails leading to Kentucky and the Appalachian mountains.(to be cont. pending more research)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
littleraven74... 25 Jan 2012 3:11AM GMT 
frostfreedet 26 Jan 2012 10:24AM GMT 
littleraven74... 26 Jan 2012 9:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions