Search for content in message boards

Did my grandfathers serve...

Replies: 0

Did my grandfathers serve...

Posted: 26 Jul 2011 3:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
I think that my grandfathers WALTER DAVIDSON and JOHN CHARLTON served in the Virginia Militia with CPT William Preston as their Company Commander and George Washington as their Battallion Commander ? And I also believe WILLIAM DAVIDSON who was killed at the battle of Drapers Meadows was either Walter Davidsons dad or brother one ? Wasnt Drapers Meadows on what is part of the campus of Virginia Tech today ? Also,just one more (Scouts Honor) I think that JAMES BURNS who soldiered with them was the same James Burns who was the husband of MARY PRESTON could be wrong on Preston (One thing that makes me think I'm right is she was everywhere William Preston was from ST. Marys Co MD to VA and one time in the Radford Library,Radford,VA with the best friend I ever had Mike Frazier absent from the body but present with the Lord we found a letter of Col.Prestons and he spoke of my dear sister Mary) I may be wrong.James and Mary married in PR W CO VA Manassas,VA.He died in Winchester,VA area and she married Walter Davidson.There son William Davidson married Elizabeth Charlton in MTG CO VA daughter of John and Elizabeth Robinson Charlton.The Prestons,Davidsons,Charltons,Craigs were always in the same area together. If they werent related they were the best friends God ever made.I know from experience the guys I served with during the Vietnam War were closer to me than my own brothers.Sadly some of them are absent today but we were still brothers from another mother.Sorry ya'll I digress and asked way to many questions.Any answers are appreciated. Greg

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions